Posted by : driou Wednesday, September 18, 2013

9/18/13 12:00PM |

Grand Theft Auto V is finally here, and I've had a chance to play a good amount yesterday. Here are my impressions so far:

As great as the trailers look for the game, it looks even better when you're actually playing the game on your TV. The city is beautiful no matter the time of day or weather conditions, and it's really impressive when you consider it's among one of the last major releases for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

So far I've got about 7 hours on my save, and am currently playing as Trevor. The character switching mechanic works well, and I found myself switching between characters every few missions or so, just to get a change of perspective. 

Aside from the visuals, the game's controls are really impressive. Having just gone through a bit of Max Payne 3 not too long ago, the feel of that game has moved into GTA 5, which makes the shooting and third person movement better than it has ever been in GTA.

The only issue I've had so far is not being able to access some Social Club features, but it's understandable and Rockstar is fixing these issues as I write out this post. 

The pop-in issue that apparently arises from installing both discs to the hard drive is something else that have bothered people, but if you have a USB drive with a nice reading speed, installing disc two on there instead of the Xbox seems to work fine. This of course doesn't affect the PS3, so if you have that version you're good to go.

For me as an avid fan of this series, this game so far has lived up to the years of anticipation and I can't wait to play more of it.

Be sure to check out my review of the game later on. I hope to have it up within the next two weeks. I also plan to review GTA Online separately after it launches on October 1st. Hope you're enjoying Los Santos so far!














comments powered by Disqus

Welcome to The Button Presser

Copyright © The Button Presser | Powered by Blogger